I was invited to a friend’s for dinner and wanted to take something sweet to share. I decided to make cookies. These are for anyone who loves chocolate.
- 1 1/3 cups dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or
- Melt 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl on medium-high (70%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until well blended, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture, mixing just until blended. Stir in 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips and 2/3 cup of white chocolate chips. Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in
center comes out with moist crumbs and the tops have a cracked appearance. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Click here to check out the amazing blogs where this post is linked.
If you have a ‘sweet” recipe, we’d love for you to share it with us by linking up below:
Here are a few suggestions for linking your ”sweet” recipe:
1.Link directly to your recipe and not to your web page
2.Scroll down to the button that says “click here to enter”
3.Please include a link back to Sweet Temptations, somewhere on your post