WELCOME TO SWEET TEMPTATIONS!
I’m still out of town taking care of my granddaughter. So while she was taking a nap, I decided to make dessert. I wanted something that was easy and would not require a lot of time since she could wake anytime. So, I started with a boxed cake mix and made this delicious Cinnamon Bun cake.
- 1 boxed yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups confectionery sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, sour cream,
and oil; mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and
cinnamon until well-blended; set aside.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 13×9 pan,
spreading the batter out into a thin layer. Top, covering the entire layer of batter, with all of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture. Pour the remaining
cake batter on top, and spread the batter until the cake is even. Take a knife
and use it to make swirl patterns around the cake similar to marbling cake batter.
- Place the cake into the oven and bake for about 40-45
minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze. In a bowl, mix
the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until glaze is a thin consistency. Immediately pour glaze onto the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Let the cake glaze sit for a few minutes then serve warm or at room
Your family will love this dessert. This cake is also great warmed in the microwave and served for breakfast.
Click here to check out the amazing blogs where this post is linked.
If you have a ‘sweet” recipe, we’d love for you to share it with us by linking up below:
Here are a few suggestions for linking your ”sweet” recipe:
1.Link directly to your recipe and not to your web page
2.Scroll down to the button that says “click here to enter”
3.Please include a link back to Sweet Temptations, somewhere on your post