I had never made dump cake before. I was very surprised how easy it was to make. No measuring and no bowls or measuring cups to wash. Talk about yummy! This was so good! I will definitely make this again. It will be perfect when friends drop by or I need a last minute dessert.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 for glass baking dish). Have a 9 by 13-inch baking pan ready.
- Dump undrained pineapple into a 9″ X 13″ baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Spread cherry pie filling evenly on top of the pineapple.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the cherry and pineapple layers.
- Cut butter into small slices and place slices evenly over cake mix.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake for one hour. Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop vanilla ice cream either warm or cold.
Click here to check out the amazing blogs where this post is linked.
If you have a ‘sweet” recipe, we’d love for you to share it with us by linking up below:
Here are a few suggestions for linking your ”sweet” recipe:
1.Link directly to your recipe and not to your web page
2.Scroll down to the button that says “click here to enter”
3.Please include a link back to Sweet Temptations, somewhere on your post