Welcome to Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday!
Normally I don’t like to discuss muffin tops, but today I am going to make an exception. These muffins have the best muffin tops! Double dipped in glaze makes them a pure sweet delight. The only problem I see with these muffins are that if I don’t stop eating them I will have a hugh muffin top.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter; melted
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line muffin cups with paper bake cups or coat with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, and sugars till smooth.
- Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling the cups nearly full.
- Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and water. Whisk until smooth.
- When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. At this point, you can leave them as is or go for the double dip. I glazed my muffins twice.
- Serve warm, or cool on a rack and wrap airtight.
Click here to check out the amazing blogs where this post is linked.
Every Monday we are sharing a delicious recipe for muffins. If you have a muffin recipe, please share it with us by linking up below:
Here are a few suggestions for linking your muffin recipe:
- Link directly to your recipe and not to your web page
- Scroll down to the button that says “click here to enter”
- Please include a link back to Muffin Monday, somewhere on your post