Welcome to Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday!
I know I should be sick of peanut butter and chocolate…but I’m not. These muffins are like eating a giant Reese Cup. They are so good. I could even say they are good for me. After all peanut butter is protein and I used applesauce instead of oil. So this must be good for me. Right?
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups with paper bake cups or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, egg, and
vanilla until well blended. Add applesauce, blend well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add to wet mixture, blending well. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack.
- While muffins are baking prepare icing. Cream together softened butter and peanut butter w/ an electric mixer. Add in powder sugar one cup at at time. Next, pour in the milk untill the icing reaches desired consistency. Frost muffins.
Click here to check out the amazing blogs where this post is linked.
Every Monday we are sharing a delicious recipe for muffins. If you have a muffin recipe, please share it with us by linking up below:
Here are a few suggestions for linking your muffin recipe:
- Link directly to your recipe and not to your web page
- Scroll down to the button that says “click here to enter”
- Please include a link back to Muffin Monday, somewhere on your post